In 2016, fire departments in the US responded to fires on average every 24 seconds!
Here’s some additional statistics from the NFPA
- One home structure fire was reported every 90 seconds.
- One civilian fire injury was reported every 34 minutes.
- One civilian fire death occurred every 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- One outside and other fire was reported every 48 seconds.
- One highway vehicle fire was reported every 3 minutes 2 seconds.
Holidays were the busiest times. The 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas were the leading days. (fireworks, cooking fires and Christmas Trees).
Clearly, the risk of a house fire is still very large, despite advances in safety and building materials. When a loss happens is not the time to evaluate your homeowners insurance.
Call us today for a free review of your coverages and deductibles.
About David Dempsey Insurance Agency
Founded in 1984 by David Dempsey, David Dempsey Insurance Agency serves Rome, GA, Floyd County Georgia, metro Atlanta and surrounding area. Focusing on insurance for families and individuals, we don't provide quotes - we provide auto and home solutions for our fellow community members. We also specialize in insuring retail businesses, restaurants, health clubs and child care / home care centers.